Saturday, March 29, 2008

a few days later

I have been a completely uninspired blogger lately, but I'm sure I'll be back on track soon. Rachel stays so busy these days, and she's doing a pretty good job learning to entertain herself for short periods of time, which is a big relief. She also understands a lot now, which makes rules a lot easier too. All-in-all, the days aren't as long as they once seemed, and I'm having the most fun yet!

Here are a couple of pictures of Rachel in her Easter dress (which I made!). I was pretty exhausted on Easter Sunday because we were traveling the day before, so I didn't even get out the camera, but, thankfully, one of my friends snapped these shots at church that morning. This dress was really easy to make--and much less sophisticated than the smocking and ruffles many little girls were sporting that day--but we got a ton of compliments on it, and I am convinced that it's because the fabric is so so cute. Why don't they sell kids clothes made of fabric like this??


As you can see, Rachel was none-too-pleased about the photo op, but she was in a generally good mood that day, so I can't complain.

I am really looking forward to next year, when I think she'll be able to understand a lot more about Easter (beyond finding plastic eggs lying around everywhere). I can't wait to explain to her the sacrificial love of our GOD, displayed through His only begotten Son, Jesus, who died on the cross and then defeated death in His resurrection. What an amazing and humbling event to commemorate.

1 comment: