Thursday, April 29, 2010

more shirring goodness - shirred summer dress

I had this almost-perfectly rectangular piece of remnant from a yard of fabric I bought long ago to embellish burp cloths, and I thought it would be perfect for trying out a shirred dress from scratch. Boo is in need of summery clothes, and dresses are great for our potty learning experience right now, so I whipped this dress up soooo fast. I also did my first blind hem on my machine, and it worked out great, too! It's a little big on her yet, but it works, AND it means it will likely fit her next summer too. Overall, I love the colors on her, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

1 comment:

  1. really cute! I want to learn how to use my sewing machine so I can start curtains for the house. Know any curtain making techniques? :)

    ReplyDelete