Sunday, July 4, 2010

catch up post...

Sweet's #4 birthday outfit! Her skirt is the bottom tier of a skirt I have that was way too long. There was so much material that I was able to make a miniature version for Carly too, and all THREE of us were matching (Rachel's favorite thing right now). I think it was her favorite part of the whole day.

Boo wanted to wear her almost-too-small NCSU tee shirt, but it definitely needed to be girlified. So I sewed up a little skirt using the bottom hem of a checked dress I had shortened for a friend and part of an adult tee...a little elastic and BAM...cuteness...

new playdress for Boo. The top part came from a hand-me-down bodysuit...I'm so over bodysuits by this age, so I snipped the snaps and added the floral knit from a $1 Kmart tee shirt. happiness!

favorite baby shower gift to date: car seat blanket! i used a tutorial from another blog for this one, and i LOVE how it turned out. the other side is all stripes, like the border.

Mothers' Day cards...I let Sweet pick out the scraps for each mother on our list, and I sewed them to a note card. Fun, quick, easy, and inexpensive. Now that I'm "making" these (thanks to another tutorial), there's no more running to the store for last minute cards...that's the best part!


5 comments:

  1. You are thee craftiest momma ever :) When in the world do you find the time to do all this? You slipping those girls tylenol pm in their milk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously... I should stop hanging out with you b/c you are too cool for me and I feel inadequate :) All of this stuff is awesome but I think my favorite is the Carly skirt...but I like everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stuff, Anna! It makes me want to dig into my mom's boxes of my favorite childhood clothes she saved and make something! Too bad I have no idea how or any kiddos to wear them! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALSO, i can't believe how grown-up Rachel looks in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your sewing - and that you link to tutorials! I'm such a novice but LOVE the cuteness. Just this morning in church I was thinking (um, dreaming) about matching skirts for me and CJ. :)

    ReplyDelete