Tuesday, August 3, 2010

proudest moment - diaper bag for Baby Boy

For four years, I've been using a very hip brown diaper bag with pink camo accents. I love it, and it has served us well.

But I can't keep using PINK camo for my Boy, can I?? It seemed like the perfect opportunity to really stretch (ha ha) my bag-making skills. So I spent a few nights reading various tutorials (I love blogs and their free-information-providing authors), and quickly decided that this one was PERFECT in every way.

That was months ago. I had the fabric. I had the notions (zipper salvaged from a worn-out sweater, strap hardware from another bag we never used). But I couldn't get started because I was extremely intimidated and afraid to work that long and hard on something that I might not like, in the end.

But I love it. It turned out great, the tutorial is the most amazing bit of instruction I've ever read, and the bag the most professional thing I've ever created.

So here it is, thanks to A Mingled Yarn!





3 comments:

  1. I love it too, fabric is perfect and the colors are so little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so incredibly impressed! I always love seeing what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete