Tuesday, February 1, 2011

new clothes for Sweet

I made these two outfits a few weeks ago because Sweet suddenly grew out of everything (and I mean EVERYthing). So I went into my stash of clothes-I-want-to-use-for-something and found this pair of pants I used to wear when I was a working (pre-babies). I love the somewhat sophisticated print, and the fact that they are polyester means they are indestructible--perfect for an active 4-year-old. I easily cut them down and created a pair of pants for Sweet, and then used some of the leftover to embellish one of her plain hand-me-down shirts. Easy. Quick.

This outfit was made entirely out of donations from my mom, who is the thrift queen (no joke). She brings me loads of really fun clothes ready for upcycling. This pair of pants came from an adult-sized pair of velour track pants (really?? yes...) and the shirt was originally just an adult-sized shirt of oh-so-plain styling. i swapped the neck with some of the velour and added the velour heart to tie the pieces together, and I could not be happier with the result (and Sweet loves LOVES this outfit). It must be fun to be 4 years old and be able to get away with such outrageous combinations of prints, eh??



1 comment:

  1. SO cute!! :) Looking forward to complimenting her in either outfit soon.

    ReplyDelete