Thursday, June 2, 2011

from bedskirt to pretty skirt

I love love love the bedding in the girls' room (bear with me, here...I promise I have a point). First of all, it was it EXTREMELY inexpensive (~$7 on final clearance at Bed Bath & Beyond for the whole set: comforter, sham, and bedskirt). The colors are perfect, and the print is so fab.

Because it was so inexpensive, I bought three sets. The comforter has this mesh overlay that I knew would tear easily (I was right), so I thought it prudent to have an extra. However, that left me with and extra bedskirt...hmm...

And here you have the resulting skirt with matching applique tee for Rachel.

Carly got a sweet little shirred dress. the jumbo ric rac is the perfect accent, methinks. (thanks Jarrad for the ric rac idea...10 bonus daddy points to you.)

ready to wear..

It's fun to match!


3 comments:

  1. adorable!! It reminds me of when Maria used the curtains in the sound of music to make outfits for all of the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! What a great way to use the extra bed skirt.

    ReplyDelete