Monday, April 19, 2010

in love with elastic thread - adult tee shirt to girls summer dress

After being intimidated by it for some time, and after a frustrating first-go, I've conquered, and consequently fallen in love with, elastic thread. Once I figured out that my machine has a unique stitch for shirring, I was all set.

I've been waiting for warmer weather to make this colorful tie-dye tee into a dress for Sweet (my almost-4-year-old), a la made. Genius idea for which I cannot take credit, but I love the result.

It did take me a few days to convince Sweet to wear said dress. She was sure it was "tickly," in spite of the fact that she hadn't tried it on. But, finally, one day, when it was her idea, she wore it. Phew!


4 comments:

  1. Pshhhh...tickly ...I'll show her tickly ;)

    It's deelovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just might become her fav dress for summer!
    ...And what happens if she wants to wear it everday?....

    Mmmm, you better get the sewing machine to humming and make a couple of more. You know, choices are good..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Super cute, Anna! Glad you are conquering some fears...weren't you also just really sick?! When did you have time to make this?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it (like everything else) but seriously- your whole first paragraph is like you are speaking in Chinese. Shirring wha??

    ReplyDelete